- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounts Payable Clerk
Bookkeepers and accounting assistant professionals often:
- Record numerical data to keep financial records complete.
- Perform routine maintenance of accounting records, financial statements, and financial reports.
- Check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings.
- Implement processes following organizational procedures and legal regulations.
- Communicate effectively in a professional accounting workplace environment.
Accounting clerks are employed in various organizations, including:
- Firms that provide accounting, tax preparation, bookkeeping, and payroll services
- Companies with a finance or accounting department
- Federal, state, and local governments
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were about 1.9 million accounting clerk in 2010 and about 25% only worked part-time.
Available Certificates and Degrees
Certificate of Achievement, Applied Accounting – 24 units
- Time to Complete: Can be done in 2 semesters.
- Estimated Cost: $1,212 in tuition and fees plus $1,200 in books and supplies.
Why College of Marin?
- Affordable: College of Marin classes are open to all and cost only $46 per unit for California residents.
- Starting here is a terrific and inexpensive way to start your career in real estate.
- Financial aid and student support services are available to those who qualify.
- Small Class Size: Most business classes have 20-30 students. This low student-to-teacher ratio allows instructors to work individually with students as needed while covering material in-depth.
- Convenient: COM has two campuses (Kentfield and Novato) and class meeting times and locations are convenient to the working student’s schedule. Evening, weekend, and online classes available for a wide range of scheduling needs.
The Accounting Program provides training for entry-level bookkeepers, as well as individuals with bookkeeping experience who wish to gain a better conceptual background in accounting and finance.
READY TO GET STARTED?
- Enroll Now at marin.edu
- Questions: Contact Counseling
- (415) 485-9432
Business – Accounting Dept.
(415) 457-8111 x7610
Full-Time Business Faculty
- Christine Li (415) 457-8111 x7579
- Norm Pacula (415) 457-8111 x7407
- Nancy Willet (415) 457-8111 x7497
For more information about College of Marin graduation and completion rates, the median debt of students who have completed our programs, and other important gainful employment information, please visit www1.marin.edu/gainful-employment.