Digital Gaming Academy
Introduction to Game Development
Learn how to create a video game using Unity gaming software! Unity is the engine behind almost 1/3 of top games and storytelling projects and is used by Coca-Cola, Disney, Electronic Arts, LEGO, Microsoft, NASA, Nexon, Nickelodeon, Square Enix, Ubisoft, Obsidian, Insomniac and Warner Bros.
- Dates: DUE TO HIGH DEMAND, THERE ARE NOW TWO SESSIONS AVAILABLE:
- 5 days, Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22 OR
- 5 days, Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29
- Times: 9am to 3pm.
- Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato.
- Cost: Tuition is FREE.
This Academy is for high school students in grades 10 through recent graduates.
Bring a lunch! Pizza will be provided on the last day.
In addition to the online application, an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the mandatory orientation on either 5/19/28 or 5/23/18. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
APPLY TO BE ON THE WAITLIST
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 11 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Saturday, May 19, 10-11:30am at College of Marin Kentfield Campus, Rm AC255
- Wednesday, May 23, 6-7:30pm at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903