Entrepreneur / Start-Up Academy
Dream of owning your own business?
Ever thought about being your own boss?
In this academy, you’ll explore entrepreneurial ideas — and learn what it takes to start-up and run your own business. The week-long program included guest speakers, exercises, and fun, as well as taking a business idea and planning it out. In this class, you’ll learn how to transform your idea into a plan, including:
- The importance of business plans to a new venture
- Feasibility analysis
- The structure of a business plan
- Industry analysis
- Market analysis
- Marketing plan
- Organizational and legal plan
- Operations and product plan
- Financial projections
- Funding options
- Planning for contingencies, planning for growth
- Presenting a business plan
Dates: 5 days: Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29
Times: 9am to 2pm
Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato
Cost: Tuition is FREE, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees).
- This Academy is for high school students in grades 10 through recent graduates.
- Earns 1.5 college credits.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For full course description, see the BUS127 outline.
- In addition to the online application, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the mandatory orientation on either 5/19/28 or 5/23/18. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
APPLY TO BE ON THE WAITLIST
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 11 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Saturday, May 19, 10-11:30am at College of Marin Kentfield Campus, Rm AC255
- Wednesday, May 23, 6-7:30pm at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903