Health Occupations Academy
Explore careers in the leading industry for career growth!
This academy provides an overview of the health industry. Learn your career options for all ranges of health professions. With successful completion, you can earn 2 college credits upon completion! You will also have the opportunity to earn their Basic CPR Certification,
Dates: 9 days: Monday, July 9 through Friday, July 13 AND Monday, July 16 through Thursday, July 19.
Times: 10am to 2:30pm.
Location: The first week will be held at the Kentfield Campus; the second week will be held at the Indian Valley Campus in Novato.
Cost: Tuition is FREE, though a small amount may be required for fees ($25 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees).
- This Academy is for high school students grades 10 through recent graduates. Priority will be given to incoming 11th & 12th graders.
- LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE.
- In addition to the online application, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the mandatory orientation on either 5/19/28 or 5/23/18. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
Applying for College of Marin Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 11 if you have been accepted into the career program(s) you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Saturday, May 19, 10-11:30am at College of Marin Kentfield Campus, Rm AC255
- Wednesday, May 23, 6-7:30pm at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903