- Sales Agent
Real Estate Sales Agents rent, buy, or sell property for clients.
To this end, they study property listings, interview prospective clients, accompany clients to property site, discuss conditions of sale, and draw up real estate contracts.
Real Estate Brokers operate a real estate office, or work for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions.
Other duties usually include selling real estate or renting properties and arranging loans.
Real Estate professionals:
- Must be state licensed.
- May work for real estate firms, banks, mortgage, title companies, or insurance companies.
Available Certificates and Degrees
Certificate of Achievement, Real Estate – 18 units
- Time to Complete: Can be done in 2 semesters.
- Estimated Cost: $1,504 in tuition and fees plus $1,000 in books and supplies.
- Real Estate Appraisal – 9 units
- Real Estate Escrow – 9 units
- Real Estate Finance – 9 units
- Real Estate Law – 9 units
- Real Estate Property Management – 9 units
Associate Degree in Real Estate – 28 units + general education
- Time to Complete: 4 Semesters.
- See the College of Marin website for further information.
Why College of Marin?
- Affordable: College of Marin classes are open to all and cost only $46 per unit for California residents.
- Starting here is a terrific and inexpensive way to start your career in real estate.
- Financial aid and student support services are available to those who qualify.
- Get California Licensed: After successfully completing three college-level real estate classes and meeting other requirements by the the state, you will be ready to take the state’s licensing exam and begin a career as a California Real Estate Salesperson. For more information see calbre.ca.gov.
- Accessible and Convenient: COM has two campuses (Kentfield and Novato) and class meeting times and locations are convenient to the working student’s schedule. Evening, weekend, and online classes available for a wide range of scheduling needs.
- Small Class Size: Most business classes have 20-30 students. This low student-to-teacher ratio allows instructors to work individually with students as needed while covering material in-depth.
Upon completing the Real Estate Program and passing the California state exam, students are eligible for positions in real estate sales offices, title companies, escrow companies, and ultimately as independent real estate brokers or appraisers.
READY TO GET STARTED?
- Enroll Now at marin.edu
- Questions: Contact Counseling
- (415) 485-9432
Business Dept. – Real Estate
(415) 457-8111 x7610
Real Estate Staff
- Robert Borgognoni
- Jamelia Brown-Carson
- Corina Rollins
For more information about College of Marin graduation and completion rates, the median debt of students who have completed our programs, and other important gainful employment information, please visit www1.marin.edu/gainful-employment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take to earn a certificate in real estate?
You can typically complete the classes for the Certificate of Achievement in 2-3 semesters.
Skills certificates take 1-2 semesters.
To start practicing real estate, you must also pass an examination given by the State of California, Department of Real Estate. For more information, see calbre.ca.gov.
Are there any pre-requisites?
No, there are no requirements or prerequisites to start. However, good working English is essential.